Monday, January 15, 2007

Quarter of a Century+1


On October 16 of last year I was visiting my then future home of two years. I could barely speak a lick of Romanian then. I could say things like: I like water, Where's the outhouse, Hello and Goodbye, and the most important of all, I don't understand. One of the few thing I did know how to was that it was my birthday, so my counterpart surprised me with a birthday masa at our then future office. She invited the other two Americans in the area. That's Heidi on the left, Elizabeth in the middle and Tatiana - Heidi's host sister - next to me. Most of the food on the table was from my dinner the night before.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have been reading your blog and today my daughter and her hysband have received their packet and have been called to Maldova!!
They are excited!! I'm sure they are reading your site right now.

It looks like everyone is in good spirits and I even noticed a picture you posted with 3 girls Heidi and Barbara, and Tatiana. What is Tatiana's last name. We used to have a foster child named Tatiana and she looks soo much like her. I have cried for years not being able to adopt her. Anyway, curious of her last name.
Well, I will go and call my daughter, Julie. Thank's for the great Blogs!!
Take Care
Karen Scott