Tuesday, January 09, 2007

My Office


Over the summer I had an internship at the Transportation Security Administration. I worked in the Chief Financial Officer's office on the top floor of a skyscraper in Arlington, VA. When I wasn't in my cubicle I had a view of the Pentagon and Potomac River, and I could also see the Washington Monument off in the distance. Now I work for Agenda Locala 21 in Mîndreşti, Moldova. My office building is located across one of the only paved streets in village from the high school. My desk is the one on the left. It doesn't have an Internet connection. It didn't even have a mouse when I first got here. When I would have to use a program to type something up, I would have to guess through trial and error at what combinations of buttons did what. This was not easy, and it rarely gave the desired output. Needless to say I bought a mouse for myself. Now all we need is an extension cord to plug in the heater. We had one but someone is borrowing it to plug in their refrigerator...or at least that is what I understand happened to the cord... despite it all I am glad to be here and wouldn't trade places with anyone for all the amenities in the world.

1 comment:

Anatol Denmark said...

You are the best man! this is what few people in the world actually undestand what u mean by not trading places. All the wealth in the world would not make peace in one's mind and heart.. all u need is a far awat village somewhere.. and some humble people around you..